March is just days away—with any luck, the worst of the weather is behind us! That’s the good news. The bad news? Snow and ice can wreak havoc on your home, including the garage door.
What shape is your door in? Is it time for repair or replacement? Perhaps you need a garage door tune-up. What does this mean? Is it the same as garage door repair or replacement? Do you need a professional? Keep reading for the answers and to learn more about garage door tune-up services!
Garage Door Inspections & Tune-Ups
A garage door tune-up isn’t quite a full replacement. It entails a professional inspection and any necessary tweaks or small repairs. Tune-ups can be a great way to make sure your door is in working condition.
Here at Overhead Door Co. of Greater Cincinnati, we offer a thorough 18-point inspection, which includes:
- Inspecting the springs, cables, hardware and opener
- Making necessary adjustments
- Lubricating all appropriate parts
If you need a full replacement, we will tell you and help you determine the right solution.
Do I Need a Garage Door Tune-Up?
This is a good question. We recommend getting an inspection before the spring. In general, it’s best to get an inspection if your garage door:
- Doesn’t open or only opens halfway
- Doesn’t close or only closes halfway
- Makes excessive noise when operating (which could indicate broken hinges, loose hardware, worn down opener gears or another problem)
- Has panels that are warped or cracked (sometimes seen in wood garage doors)
- Doesn’t operate even when the motor is running
- Can be opened manually without the opener remote or security keypad
- Has broken glass (for garage doors with windows)
Whatever the source of the problem (worn down rollers, broken springs, etc.), all garage door repairs need to be taken care of right away. A garage door that doesn’t work properly leaves your home (or business) vulnerable.
Garage Door Inspection & Tune-Up Services in the Cincinnati Area
If you need professional garage door services, look to the team at Overhead Door Co. of Greater Cincinnati. Will your garage door be able to perform reliably all spring—and during the seasons beyond? Get an inspection to find out. Don’t forget to print out our tune-up coupon (and check out our other specials)!