Almost nothing is more frustrating than a garage door that doesn’t work the way it’s supposed to. If your garage won’t open or close, it puts a halt on your daily life and can leave your home’s security compromised.
The source of the problem may be the garage door opener. Are you experiencing problems with yours? Call 513-394-6938 513-394-6938 or contact us online for urgent service—or keep reading to learn more about why your opener may not be working.
Why Doesn’t My Garage Door Opener Work?
There problem could originate from a number of different sources, including:
- Wall switch: If the remote opens the garage door but the wall switch doesn’t work, you may need to replace the switch wires or the entire wall switch.
- Remote: If the wall switch works but the remote doesn’t, try changing the batteries first. You may need to buy a new remote or have a new receiver installed if changing the batteries doesn’t fix the problem.
- Safety sensors: If the door goes up with the remote by only lowers when you hold down the wall switch, the safety sensors may be misaligned or have gone bad. Once you determine that misalignment is not the problem, have new sensors installed.
- Gear drive: If you hear a grinding noise coming from the opener but the garage door doesn’t work, the gear drive is probably broken. This is one of the most common internal components to go bad in a garage door opener.
- Trolley carriage: Does the opener seem to work but the garage door doesn’t move? You may need to replace the trolley carriage.
A professional will be able to determine the source of the problem—maybe it’s related to the door and not even the opener at all! Whatever it is, we’ll find and fix it quickly so you can get back to living life like normal.
Garage Door Opener Services in the Cincinnati Area
If you live in southwestern Ohio and need garage door opener services, Overhead Door Co. of Greater Cincinnati can help. Contact us or fill out the contact form on this page to get in touch with our experienced team!