Your garage door is truly convenient—until it suddenly stops working. Often the causes of the problem are unclear. Here at Overhead Door Co. of Greater Cincinnati, we often hear things like, “Why isn’t my garage door opening?” and “My garage door isn’t closing.”
If your garage door isn’t opening or closing properly, it’s time to get in touch with the professionals—contact us, and keep reading to learn more about why your garage door may not be working.
Possible Sources of the Problem
There are many different causes of garage door issues:
- Opener problems: One of the most common garage door opener problems is that it isn’t plugged in or power isn’t supplied to the outlet. Also, don’t forget to check the batteries. Sometimes the source of trouble is as simple as low or no battery power in the opener.
- Broken springs: If your garage door won’t open or close, the springs may be broken. Broken garage door springs require professional repair.
- Disengaged emergency release: Are you hearing the motor run but the garage door isn’t moving? The emergency release may have been pulled or become unattached. Reattaching it isn’t the same for every single model—it depends on the operator. For this job, it’s best to call professionals.
- Broken cables: The cable often breaks when a spring breaks, and this type of repair requires an experienced garage door company (like Overhead Door Co. of Greater Cincinnati).
- Keypad issues: Sometimes the garage door won’t open or close with the keypad. Occasionally it’s just a one-time minor glitch, but sometimes the batteries need to be changed. Other times, the keypad may need to be reset. For help, visit our keypad programming page and call our professionals!
Professional Garage Door Service in Cincinnati
Those aren’t all the problems that can arise, but they are some of the most common ones. Whether your garage door has been damaged by the harsh winter weather (hopefully that’s all over now!) or has stopped working and you’re not sure why, it’s time for a repair or replacement. One of our experts can come out and help you determine if you need a repair or if a full replacement would be better.
Get in touch with us today to learn more about our garage door services!