As essentially the first line of defense against weather, debris and the occasional ornery neighbor, your front door was made from stout materials. But, regardless of its frame, heavy construction and durable insulation, it isn’t invincible. Through sheer use and time, your front door can experience one (or more) of many problems over its lifespan, some more common than others.
Some common door problems may include:
- Sticking. Your door sticking is a very common issue, and is often the product of an improperly sized door. Also, over time the hinges or edges may have simply begun to wear, causing the door to tilt slightly.
- Squeaking or noise. Noisy doors are usually the result of rust or debris locked into the hinges or metal parts of your front door. This could require something as simple as a brush off, but it could also be a sign of hinge degradation, which requires professional care.
- Dents. Dents are simply evidence of general wear, often caused by accidental bumping or inclement weather. Though they don’t (usually) affect the structural integrity of the door, dents can be unsightly. You may seek the help of a professional for repair or replacement.
- Cracks. Cracks, barring catastrophic events, are usually just a sign of wear. A cracked door should be replaced immediately, as a crack can quickly become much more severe if left alone.
- Rot. Wooden front doors are susceptible to rotting if improperly attended. Usually rot is a pretty obvious spot, but discoloration can also be a sign to watch for.
The good news about common door problems is that a trusted professional is used to handling the issues. This results in fast repair times, or quick replacements, provided the issue is caught before it creates more problems in your home.
Front Door Replacement in the Cincinnati, OH Area
The professionals at Overhead Door Co. of Greater Cincinnati have been in the business for more than 90 years, providing top of the line service with exceptional quality. Don’t let a common door problem turn into a front door catastrophe! Contact us today with any questions, and let our experts assist you with any and all of your needs in southwestern Ohio!