Summer is filled with fun activities—from pool parties to weekend getaways—but it can also mean severe weather. Summer storms can wreak havoc on your home, including your garage door.
What happens when the power goes out and you can’t get inside because the garage door won’t open and you don’t have your front door key? Although these situations may not come up all that often, when they do, they can leave you stranded and helpless. But an emergency garage door opener backup battery can help prevent this problem!
Garage Door Battery Backup Systems
What is a garage door opener backup battery? It is a system that is convenient and allows you access to your home even when there’s no power. It can:
- Prevent you from leaving your car outside in inclement weather (nobody likes having to scrape snow and ice off their cars the morning after a snowstorm).
- Keep you from having to sprint from the car to your house in the pouring rain during a power outage (which can be especially inconvenient if you’re carrying something).
- Potentially eliminate physical strain (in desperate situations, you might not be willing to wait outside for the power to come back on; if you can enter the garage from a side door, you have the option to pull the red release cord and open the garage door manually, but this could strain you physically and even cause injury).
Garage Door Opener Battery Back-Up from Overhead Door
Our garage door opener emergency battery backup system is compatible with both Destiny® and Odyssey® openers, and during an extended period of electricity loss, it will run up to 50 cycles in 24 hours after the initial outage. The system also:
- Reaches full charge within 48 hours
- Operates doors at 3.5 inches per second
- Has front-facing colored LEDs that indicate the charge status
It can be difficult to predict the effects of summer thunderstorms, but you can always be prepared! Contact Overhead Door Co. of Greater Cincinnati today to learn more about Overhead Door’s garage door opener Battery Back-up or if you need garage door service in the southwestern Ohio area.