Does your garage have a low ceiling? Wondering which type of garage door opener is required? It’s time to talk to the pros!
If you have a low ceiling in the garage, which opener do you need?
A residential garage door requires a minimum of 4 ½ inches of headroom. Different special track options are available and make it possible for doors to be installed in non-standard garages. Your garage door system may need:
- A low-headroom track system (which slopes down instead of running parallel to the ceiling)
- A low-headroom-torsion rear-track system
- Another type of unique track system designed for minimum headroom
For a garage door opener, you will need about 6 ½ inches of headroom at a minimum.
Garage Door Openers in the Cincinnati Area
As inconvenient as it may seem, it’s possible to install a garage door in a space with low headroom—with the right system, it’s easy! You just need the right professionals.
Overhead Door Co. of Greater Cincinnati™ offers:
- Belt-driven garage door openers
- Chain-driven garage door openers
- Screw-driven garage door openers
And we can also discuss your options for special tracks if you have a low ceiling in your garage.
Never ask, “Where can I find garage doors near me?” again! Whatever your needs, our team has you covered. Contact Overhead Door Co. of Greater Cincinnati™ today for garage doors and garage door openers!