Do you want to improve the curb appeal of your home? Whether you’re moving in the near future or simply want a more attractive home exterior, enhancing your home’s curb appeal is as easy as replacing your garage door!
While things like the front door, shutters, and roofing are major factors in helping boost your home’s curb appeal, don’t overlook the garage door. Updating your door—or replacing your old door if necessary—is an excellent way to improve the curb appeal and value of your home. According to Remodeling magazine’s 2017 Cost vs. Value Report, in the region including Ohio, upgrading your garage door is a very practical home improvement projects for return on investment, allowing you to recoup almost 70%!
Garage Door Updates
There are a lot of different ways you can update your garage door to make your home “pop” and create a more appealing exterior. Consider:
- Changing the color of the door
- Changing the material of the door
- Adding windows to the door
- Adding decorative hardware to the door—handles, hinges, etc.
You don’t have to get super fancy and make a lot of changes. Changing just the color or adding windows and a decorative handle can help!
Other Benefits of Garage Door Updates or Replacement
Updating or replacing your garage door offers more advantages than just improving your home’s curb appeal and value. An update or replacement (depending on what you get done), can help:
- Cut down on maintenance time: Certain types of doors require less maintenance than others. Upgrading to a steel door from a wood one, for instance, could reduce maintenance and care. Choosing a garage door that doesn’t need to be painted can also help.
- Reduce heating and cooling costs: Upgrading to an insulated garage door, doesn’t affect the curb appeal of your home, but it can help you reduce your energy bills. This is particularly important if you have a living space above the garage.
- Protect contents inside: If you use your garage as a studio or other work space, getting an insulated door can make a huge difference. It can better protect the contents inside your garage from heat and cold.
Garage Door Replacement Services in Cincinnati
No matter what kind of updates you want to make to your door, talk to one of our experts. We can help you choose the right garage door for your home. Get in touch with Overhead Door Co. of Greater Cincinnati™ to learn why families throughout southwestern Ohio rely on us for their garage door replacement needs!
Contact us to learn more about our services.