Are you happy with the way the exterior of your home looks? Your front door—an important part of your home’s exterior—is the first things guests see when they visit. Is your door up to par?
If you’re tired of your old, dull front door, it’s time to get a replacement. Perhaps you’re on the fence about it, trying to decide if it’s worthwhile. Is front door replacement valuable? Should you install a new door?
According to Remodeling magazine’s 2014 Cost vs. Value Report, in the region including Cincinnati, a steel front door replacement job that costs $1,167 has a resale value of $963. That’s 83% of the cost recouped! A fiberglass front door replacement job that costs $2,828 has a resale value of $1,888. That’s 67% of the cost recouped.
Benefits of Door Replacement
A beautiful new front door can help:
- Enhance the exterior of your home and improve curb appeal and resale value (beneficial for those moving)
- Increase your home’s energy efficiency (doors manufactured today are more energy-efficient than doors made even a decade ago)
- Increase the safety and security of your home
A new front door can be necessary in certain situations, such as if your current door:
- Is difficult to close all the way
- Has an unreliable lock
- Allows water to leak in the bottom (when it rains, does the flooring near the door get wet?)
- Has a buildup of rust or mold
All of these indicate problems that require repair at the very least—possibly full replacement. It’s best to talk to professionals, but as a general rule of thumb, if something doesn’t look or sound normal, it probably isn’t.
Front Door Replacement in the Cincinnati Area
Are you looking for front door installers serving southwestern Ohio? Look to the experienced team at Overhead Door Co. of Greater Cincinnati. We offer high-quality front doors from top manufacturers in the industry—JELD-WEN, Therma-Tru and more. Contact us today to learn more!