Now is a good time to think about last-minute repairs and home improvement chores to take care of. Before it gets too cold, consider replacing things like roofing, gutters, siding, even your garage door.
On the fence about whether to install a new garage door and wondering if it’s worth it?
According to Remodeling magazine’s 2014 Cost vs. Value Report, in the region including Ohio, a garage door replacement job that costs $1,553 has a resale value of $1,285. That’s 83% of the cost recouped! Having such a high resale value is particularly beneficial if you’re moving later on down the road.
Additional Benefits of a New Garage Door
In addition to helping improve the resale value of your home, a new garage door can help:
- Enhance the exterior of your home and increase curb appeal
- Improve your home’s energy efficiency (there many insulated door options)
- Increase the safety and security of your home
Garage door replacement may be required in certain situations. Be on the lookout for signs that indicate this, like if your current door:
- Doesn’t close or open all the way
- Makes a loud grinding noise when operating
- Allows to water leak in the bottom (when it rains, is the floor of the garage near the door wet?)
- Won’t open or close with both the wall opener and remote control
Garage door professionals will be able to diagnose the problem and get your door working in no time—or suggest replacement if it’s necessary.
Need a Garage Door Company in the Cincinnati Area?
Do you need a garage door company serving southwestern Ohio? The team at Overhead Door Co. of Greater Cincinnati™ can help. We offer a variety of garage doors—wood, vinyl-clad and more—to meet any need. Get in touch with us today to learn more!